We invite you to get involved! Stakeholders in each of the communities who are involved in this process play an important role in the project development and decision-making process of this study. There are multiple ways to get involved—call, write, or email us – see the Contact Information page for further details. There will also be a number of opportunities to participate in person, including:
- Elected Officials Kick-off Meeting – The project team will meet with a small group meeting of elected officials. Members of the public may attend, and this does not include board representatives. The focus on the meeting will be to introduce project, setting up expectations for the project, and review the project scope and schedule. Elected Officials Kick-Off Meeting Summary (May 20, 2020) 2.57 MB
Elected Officials Kick-Off Meeting Recording
- Stakeholder Interviews – The project team will conduct one-on-one stakeholder interviews to identify and document the local stakeholders’ visions for the Corridor. This initial outreach will seek to gather input on the future vision for the corridor, its users, and the role the facility should play in the transportation network.
- Public Workshops – During the conceptual development phase involving the initial corridor assessment, the project team will hold two open Public Meetings. The first meeting will focus on corridor existing conditions and collecting input on the guiding Principles and project needs. The second meeting will be used to present the finalized alternative(s) and solicit input from the public.
- Jurisdiction Workshops – After the Purpose and Need Development and prior to the identification of alternatives, the project team will host a one-on-one working meeting with each of the three municipalities (City of Tampa, City of Temple Terrace, and Hillsborough County). During these work sessions the project team will collect input of the unique needs of each place and work collaboratively with each group to develop initial alternatives.
Send us your comments and ideas to help us come up with recommendations for the along 56th Street/50th Street Corridor Planning Study. You can also invite us to speak at one of your own meetings! Please click here to request an update on this project.
Project Advisory Group
The project team will work with partner agencies to establish a Project Advisory Group (PAG), expected to be made up of agency staff and stakeholders previously described. The PAG will meet at key points throughout the study to collaborate with the project team to ensure that the corridor analysis and alternatives are well-coordinated with local planning efforts and community goals. The project team will facilitate four PAG meetings throughout the life of the planning study.
PAG members include representatives from the following organizations:
- City of Tampa
- City of Tampa Community Redevelopment Area (CRA)
- East Tampa Community CRA
- Hillsborough County
- Hillsborough County School Board
- Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization (TPO)
- Hillsborough Planning Commission
- City of Temple Terrace
- City of Temple Terrace CRA
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART)
- Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority (THEA)
- Florida Highway Patrol
- Hillsborough County Emergency Services
- University of South Florida (USF)
Public Meeting #2
- Meeting Option #1: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Meeting Option #2: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- GoToMeeting: Wednesday, August 31, 2022
- Both in-person options from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Virtual Option from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Meeting Option #1
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Tampa East / Ybor City
2520 N. 50th Street
Tampa, FL 33619
- Meeting Option #2
Lesley Miller Jr. All People’s Community Park & Life Center
6105 E Sligh Avenue
Tampa, FL 33617
- Virtual Option