There were a number of opportunities to participate in person, including:
- Online Survey – An online survey was available from June 2017 through August 2017. The online survey was a tool used by the project team to understand corridor issues and concerns held by area residents, workers and visitors to the corridor.
- Visioning Charrettes – The project team hosted three charrettes in June 2017. The charrettes were 2-hour, interactive sessions that focused on defining the vision for the corridor. Charrette attendees provided input on existing and anticipated issues and success along the project corridor. Information collected at the charrettes was used to develop the Guiding Principles presented at the Visioning Workshops in December 2017.
- Visioning Workshop – Corridor Visioning Workshops were held on December 5th and 7th, 2017. At the Visioning Workshops the project team reported out on the findings from the visioning charrettes and asked for input from the public in order to refine the Vision for the corridor. Links to the Visioning Workshop materials are available below.
- Corridor Studies Alternatives Workshop – The Corridor Studies Alternatives Workshop was held on September 19, 2018. At the Workshop, the project team presented near-term and long-term improvements and asked for input from the public to refine the proposed alternatives. Links to the Corridor Studies Alternatives Workshop materials are available below.
Project Advisory Group
In addition to residents and users of the corridor and surrounding neighborhoods, our team worked with a Project Advisory Group (PAG), which included staff members from the jurisdictions with an interest in the corridor. The PAG met at key points throughout the study to collaborate with the project team to ensure that the corridor vision and improvement alternatives were well-coordinated with local planning efforts and community goals.
For a copy of the presentation provided at the Kickoff PAG Meeting held on March 22, 2017, please click here.
For a copy of the presentation provided at PAG Meeting #2 held on May 3, 2017, please click here.
For a copy of the presentation provided at PAG Meeting #3 held on October 23, 2017, please click here.
For a copy of the presentation provided at PAG Meeting #5 held on July 11, 2018, please click here.
The Visioning Workshops were held on December 5th and 7th, 2017; the same information was presented at each workshop.
Please see the links below to access the materials from the workshops.
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Comment Form
- Workshopoly Handout
- Rank the Guiding Principles Worksheet & Completed Example
- Station Boards
- FDOT Functional Classifications
- Guiding Principles
- Title VI
- Project Schedule
- Thank You Board
Access the materials for the Corridor Studies Alternatives Workshop, held on September 19th, 2018, below.